I plan to launch this blog on July 5, 2010. Due to the unpredictability of the migraines, I will not be able to make daily posts, but plan for three to four posts per week.
Under the general subject of spirituality and chronic pain, topics I will explore include:
* The spiritual isolation of chronic pain
* Meditation's ability to change the perception of pain
* How gratitude grows out of pain
* So where IS God in all of this?
* Do I really want to get well?
* Rejecting the temptation to play the victim
* The cost of being busy
In addition to the posts on the topics, Feature Segments will include:
* It Reminds Me of the Time (personal experiences that relate to the post's topic)
* Responding to Your Comments
* Painful Poetry (for fun)
I expect the blog to evolve over time and with input from you. I welcome your thoughts and comments.
Carol D. Marsh
- With a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Nonfiction degree (Goucher College, August 2014), I am looking at a new phase in my life. From 1992 to 2009, I served as Founding Executive Director of Miriam's House, a residence for homeless women living with AIDS. I left this position when Chronic Migraine Disease overtook my ability to do my job. Now I hope that a writing career will both accommodate the migraines and give me a creative, productive outlet. And soon, September 4, I will launch my Inkshares author page in a bid to hit the 1,000 pre-order goal in 90 days. The book I want to publish is "Nowhere Else I Want to Be," a memoir of ten of my years at Miriam's House.