24 January 2013

Reading Mariechild Together: Being

Freedom will come when our life energy is not limited by our fears and grasping. Our nature is pure.

How many of us believe in or are connected to our pure nature? How many of us even truly understand what Mechtild of Magdeburg means when she says:

How could I resist my nature
That lives for oneness with God?

Sadly, I too often live for other things than my oneness with God, or Goddess, as Diane Mariechild says in her reflection.

I think I will be more important, better in some way, if I get my book published.

I tell myself that when the migraines go away, then I will truly be able to be the person I am meant to be.

I look at women prettier and more stylish, or younger and energetic and I envy them.

I realize that I am grasping at things to buy or make or keep.

All these things keep me from feeling my oneness with Goddess. When I allow myself to be caught up in such thoughts and feelings, I am far from God and so far from my true nature.

As I write, I look up at my little dog, Sierra, who is stretched out on the couch, asleep in a patch of snow-brightened sunlight coming through the window.

How much I have to learn from her.


I would love to hear from you. Please click on the word Comment below, or email me at carold.marsh@gmail.com. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment