30 January 2013

Reading Mariechild Together: Wanting Something To Be Different

I wanted something to be different this morning. It's the third day of a rather bad migraine -- which also means this will be a short post -- and I wanted not to have the pain. I called my patient husband to whine a bit, told him I was done, and let him get back to work. Then I read Diane Mariechild's writing for today.

I needed the reminder that I am not my pain-filled head and exhausted body.

That reminder helped me see beyond the pain and remember my practices for pain management:

deep breathing;

deep relaxation;

letting go of victim status;

accepting that I am powerless over the pain but not over my reaction to it.

Peace.


I would love to hear from you. Please click on the word Comment below, or email me at carold.marsh@gmail.com/. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment